Welcome to the Beta version of CCC&TI's new website! Let us know if you have questions--we're here for you.

High School Equivalency (HSE)

What is HSE?

High School Equivalency (HSE) classes are for students who want to work towards a high school equivalency credential.

Why should I Choose HSE?

High School Equivalency (HSE) classes prepare students for the GED or HiSET tests required to earn their high school equivalency credential. Classes are offered in small groups with individualized instruction.

Transitional Studies/Adult Education also provides transitional advising for students who wish to further their education or enter the workforce.

Who is eligible?

Adults who are 16 and older are eligible for classes. Minor students (16 and 17 years of age) will need to complete a minor permission form.

When and where are classes offered?

The class schedule changes due to demand, but classes are generally available mornings and evenings, on-campus and at off-campus locations. For a current class schedule, please call 828.726.2230 Caldwell or Watauga 828.297-8120.

How do I enroll?

HSE students pick up an enrollment packet from the Transitional Studies/Adult Education Department on the Caldwell campus and the Student Services Center on the Watauga Campus. Students will take a reading and math assessment and then meet with an advisor. For questions, please call Caldwell 828.726.2230 or Watauga 828.297-8120.


If you are interested in attending High School Equivalency classes, please let us know by clicking on the link below and completing the form:

Please note: CCC&TI’s campuses are located in Western North Carolina.


Please email adulteducation@cccti.edu.